Car buyers usually resort to buying some products that can be added to the car in order to improve it, and it is worth noting that there are products that are really worth buying and add interest to the car after purchasing it and another type of product that is not worth the money that was paid for it as it does not add any A type of interest for the car, as there are some aftermarket products that can be at the expense of the car financing contract. So what aftermarket products are worth buying and what other products are there no use in buying?
Aftermarket Products worth Buying
There are a number of aftermarket products that are offered by the dealer when buying the car, and these products are not necessarily really worth buying and it depends on the car’s need for it based on its specifications, and these products include the following:
Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) insurance
In the event that the car suffers an accident or any problem that leads to a loss or decrease in the value of the car, the insurance of this car will cover the actual and market value of the car at that time, and this means that there will be a difference between its original price and its value after Decreases. Therefore, GAP insurance will cover this difference and the price gap.
Read : HOW TO SELL MY CAR
Protect the car from theft
This insurance includes placing small special signs and marks on the car that help the concerned authorities in tracking the car when reporting theft and trying to return it, and it also provides the owner of the car with an amount of money that is sufficient to cover part of the costs of buying a new car or covering something The remainder of the car loan amount. This insurance is especially important for people who own luxury cars or those who live in dangerous and vulnerable areas.
Extended warranty to the manufacturer's warranty
When the car warranty provided by the manufacturer expires and the services it covers expire, the extended warranty will allow users to sustain these services by extending the manufacturer's warranty period. The extended warranty has a high price, but it guarantees the vehicle’s functioning properly and for a long time.
Car service contract
This contract is similar to the warranty, but different in some way as it is considered a type of insurance policies that cover repairs that may appear suddenly or that are very expensive.
Car paint protection
If the buyer buys a luxurious and expensive car, he should choose this type of product that guarantees the protection of the car’s paint as its paint is expensive and has special properties.
If the car lacks some important technological additions, then buying these add-ons is a good thing, especially if they are of an affordable price such as front displays, rear-view cameras, tire pressure control and other additions that increase the comfort and convenience of the user.
Read : AUTO SALES
Aftermarket Products that are not worth Buying
On the contrary, there are some products that are not worth wasting money for as they do not add any desired benefit to the car, and these products include the following:
- Fuel additives: Some fuel additives that their manufacturers claim cause cleaning up the fuel tank, but in reality they are a waste of money without any benefit to the fuel.
- Window glass shading: Many drivers consider that shading adds a nice view to their cars and more privacy, but this is illegal and results in traffic violations for its users.
- Anti-rust property: Modern cars do not need this type of product as they are made of rust-resistant materials of course, but this feature is required only for old cars. Indeed, purchasing such items for modern cars will cause some problems rather than provide a benefit to the car.
- Rear spoiler: If the car basically does not have a rear spoiler, adding a wing will not make it more beautiful as expected, but will cause damage to the car when trying to install it and install it on the car, even if it is installed well, it will be subject to damage at the earliest opportunity.
- Tire covers made of aluminum: These caps may look beautiful, but they damage the tires significantly. With the progress of time, providing the tires with the necessary air will be very difficult as a result of these covers.
- Rails in the front of the car: These rails, which are considered very expensive, may add a beautiful and stunning sight to the front of the pickup trucks, but they may cause a disaster as a result of obstructing traffic which cause some accountability as they are illegal.